Friday, May 18, 2012

First week of summer


I've started the summer off right with a week long visit in Alabama with my fiance. David will be the wonderful bookends of my first adult summer - beginning with a visit, and ending the summer with our wedding!

David is in the National Guard, and is currently stationed in Alabama for flight school. When he graduates, we will return to Pennsylvania where he will fly Apache helicopters. He is the most wonderful person I know, and I am so proud to be marrying him at the end of the summer. 
This week we lucked out and David had most of Mon-Wed off from training, so we got to spend a good deal of time together. Thursday and Friday (today) I have spent relaxing and getting to be lazy for the first time in months. I'm also practicing my domestic skills - tidying up, doing laundry and cooking nice meals. While I know that there is so much more to being a wife than being able to cook and clean, I still would love to give my future husband the gift of a well kept house. Call me old fashioned, but I think it's sweet and quite the accomplishment when women can keep up with a career and a household! 

Last night I made my first big meal - chicken, real mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, rolls and salad. It turned out really good and for the first time I actually really enjoyed cooking - I think it's because when you are cooking for somebody you love, it's not work anymore, it's fun! 

I only have 2 more days down here which is a real bummer. I can't wait till I'm down here for good!