Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Another Storm

I'm sure I made a silly picture- crouching  in my bathtub with a couch cushion over my head....

Southern storms seriously freak me out!! They are loud, windy and seem to last all day. I especially hate when my radar app sends me tornado watches and warnings every couple of minutes, adding to my anxiety.

Today Dave had to go to class (even though all the area schools were canceled). I had to go it alone, so I decided to be extra prepared. I lined the tub with towels for cushioning, filled a water bottle and brought a snack in, had my phone charging, and brought a candle and lighter as well . This is semi-embarrassing, but, I even grabbed my bike helmet to wear in case a tornado was overhead . I tried to think like Dave would :)

I sat on the couch and watched the bad storm rage outside- waiting for that "freight train" sound. At one point I was convinced I heard it, so I dragged some couch cushions in and settled myself inside the tub. Thankfully nothing happen besides me feeling a little bit silly.

I was so relieved when Dave got home for a quick dinner. He gave me a big hug and said he was proud that I had been so proactive :) Better to be prepared than to be caught in a bad situation without the proper supplies.

Please Weather... no more storms while we are here!