Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years

While everyone else was out partying in the new year, Dave and I were home fighting colds again. Poor Dave finally caught my cold a few days before he has to go back to class, so we stayed in. That's okay, I am really not much of a partier anyways. I love being home with my man, snuggled on the couch with snacks, movies, and in this case tissues and Airborne.

We opened a bottle of wine that was a Christmas gift from a friend. Clearly we didn't buy it for ourselves because we didn't even have a wine bottle opener! We had to improvise. Here's a picture of Dave tightening a screw into the cork before using pliers to pull it out. It was SO worth it. It was probably the most delicious wine I have ever had- fruity and sweet (pretty much the way I like any alcoholic drink). 




All of our wine glasses that we got as wedding gifts are in Dave's room in PA, so we drank our wine out of Oktoberfest beer mugs, finishing the bottle. Good wine, goat cheese, gummy bears and a great man - yummm! 



We watched Pitch Perfect (one of my new favorites), skipping through to watch each of the song performances. Dave is such a good sport :) We celebrated the New Year twice - first for our friends and family back home who are an hour ahead in time, and then just the two of us. 


A Berry Happy New Year to everyone! I hope 2013 brings me many more opportunities to make cheesy puns out of my awesome new last name!  More importantly, I hope it brings peace, love and joy to this world, and that we all do something worthwhile in the year to come. 

Here's a pic of Dave with his handsome Christmas beard. He shaved it off today in preparation for starting back to Army classes.  I miss the scruffy ruggedness, but he is still my handsome man! <3