Thursday, July 26, 2012

Update - 37 days

If we are friends on Facebook you may be wondering why your news feed has not been filled with my happy little chirps about wedding plans and such. Not to worry, everything is fine with David and I, and the wedding is coming together slowly but surely. I've decided to tone things down in light of some recent tragedies.

Last Sunday one of my dear friends died in a car accident. He and his girlfriend, one of my best friends (and bridesmaid) were driving and lost control. Thank goodness my best friend miraculously survived, but I can imagine that there is nothing as painful as losing the love of your life, especially so young. It has been a very difficult week dealing with my own sadness of losing a friend, but also watching one of my best friends deal with something so awful. You can imagine that as I continue to plan my wedding, I do so with a sense of guilt that I am so blessed to be celebrating a happy time in my life while my dear friend is mourning something tragic happening to her.

Out of respect for my friend I am doing my best to tone down my public excitement of the upcoming wedding. On the inside, though, I am so thankful to have something positive to think about when the sadness feels like it is too much. With the goal of doing something positive to move forward, I have started packing my things in anticipation of my big move to Alabama.

Everything we have gone through this week reinforces to me that life is short and unexpected. Which makes me more anxious than ever to have Dave in my arms again. 37 Days