Monday, July 30, 2012

You find out who your friends are

I would really like to thank all of my friends who were so supportive of me this last week. I couldn't be more thankful for the outpouring of love that I felt after the death of my good friend. I was really impressed by the people that made a point of telling me they were thinking of me and offering a listening ear.

There were a few people who I would have considered close friends that did not say a single thing to me, though they knew what I was going through. At the same time there were people that reached out to me that I didn't expect to hear from. I've come to accept that I need to be happy for the good friends that I have instead of being sad that some friends weren't there when I needed them to be.  I have realized that you find out who your friends are, and who is willing to take a minute or two out of their own lives to support you when you are dealing with something difficult. I think I have come to a place of peace where instead of being upset that a few people showed that they maybe aren't truly friends, I will instead focus on how amazing so many people were in texting and calling to show their love and support.

Seriously, thank you so much to everyone for being so great this week. It warms my heart to have so many good friends that care about me! I really did find out that I have some of the most amazing friends in the world. Love you guys


There's a country song that says it right: 
"Everybody wants to slap your back
wants to shake your hand
When you're up on top of that mountain
But let one of those rocks give way then you slide back down look up
and see who's around then

This ain't where the road comes to an end
This ain't where the bandwagon stops
This is just one of those times when
A lot of folks jump off

You find out who your friends are
Somebody's gonna drop everything
Run out and crank up their car
Hit the gas, get there fast
Never stop to think 'what's in it for me?' or 'it's way too far'
They just show on up with their big old heart
You find out who your friends are"