Friday, June 22, 2012

Wedding Bands and Photo Books

David is going to have the coolest wedding band ever.  I just sent back the rubber impressions of my fingerprint so that it can be engraved on the inside of his wedding band.  It was like a cross between a science fair project and making those rubber mouth guards for soccer. I had to heat the water and warm up these rubber strips and then quickly press my finger into the molten rubber before it cooled. It was a good thing they gave four strips because I messed up two of them! I also caught the thermometer on fire because if had a little paper tag on it.  I think it would have gone smoother with a helper, and if I wasn't also talking on the phone with Dave while trying to fish the strips out of the hot water. 

I also got to request a special engraving. But that's a secret ;) 


We are super excited about this ring because it will be like holding hands forever. <3 

My band was custom made to look like my mother's. We both have solitaire engagement rings and her wedding band swirls around the diamond. I'm excited to wear it for real! 


Today I received in the mail our guest book. I made a photo book of all our special pictures with white space around each picture for guests to sign at the reception. It wont be a boring guest book that we throw on a shelf and never look at again, because we can keep it on our coffee table and see our pictures and remember the guests who came to our wedding. I am psyched to have at least a few cute details to make our reception unique. 

One last thing: 
We booked a room at a cute little country bed & breakfast that is 5 min. from the reception. Nice to know where we are staying!!

Oye... still so much to do before that wonderful day!