Friday, February 1, 2013

February!

Happy February 1st!! 

Today marks 5 months of being married for David and I, as well as the first day of my favorite months!!



Why is this month so wonderful?  Well for one, almost 23 years ago I was born!

February 1st: Our Wedding Monthaversary! yay!

February 14th- Valentine's Day <3  (my first married one) I have always loved Valentine's Day. This year I will be helping out with the Valentine's Day party at the senior center. I can't wait to decorate and enjoy a fun afternoon of fellowship, music and maybe some dancing if Dave can come with me! I also want to carry on a tradition my friend Laura started in college of making a heart shaped cake for her friends to share. Thanks Laura! I am stealing your idea this year and making one too!

February 21st- my 23rd birthday! I honestly couldn't remember the other day how old I was going to be. I thought to myself  "is it 23? wait no...that sounds too old...have I been 22 yet?". I am hoping to bring ice cream over to the senior center that day, as is the custom when it is somebody's birthday. :) I've been receiving happy birthday coupons from all my favorite stores which is fun, even though I don't plan on doing a shopping spree. For some reason it just feels special when your birthday is recognized, even if it is in an effort to make you buy something...

Also, for reasons I cannot yet reveal, I am very excited about this weekend! More on that in a few days!!!

When I think of February, I feel all giddy and smiley. Something about the Pink and purple heart decorations and the thought of celebrating love is just too much fun! I really think I should be some kind of activities coordinator at a nursing home or something because I just love to decorate and celebrate!