Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Models for a day :)



Yesterday David and I got to do one of the coolest things ever - we got to re-live our newlywed bliss by being "models" in a wedding and engagement photo shoot! Sherei Jackson, the photographer, was looking to build her portfolio for a bridal expo she will be doing this month, and Dave and I were more than happy to help (I mean let's be honest, who would pass up an awesome chance to dress up again and have professional pictures taken?).  Sherei and her husband were so sweet, and invited us out to their family cabin to take pictures in the wheat fields and by their pond. We immediately became friends as we found that we had a lot in common, including our shared faith in the Lord! David and I had a blast chatting with them as we got ready and then posed for pictures.

I had hoped to get my wedding gown sent down, but it was far too expensive, and it would have needed to have all the wrinkles steamed out for it to look presentable. Instead, I brought my short reception dress, and thankfully fit perfectly into Sherei's dress that she was kind enough to let me wear.

Her home is so picturesque! Beautiful fields, an adorable log cabin, a pond, tree lined paths, and a fun hilly driveway that David and I "off-roaded" with the Jeep on our way home. We seriously dream of living in a place like that!

The pictures that she took came out fantastic. I would highly recommend her as a photographer! Here is the link to some of the pictures from yesterday:

David + Kendall | A Prince and his Princess

The title, A Prince and his Princess, is so fitting  - I feel like a princess every day I am with David. And look as him, all handsome and regal in his Army Dress Blues! <3 I felt so giddy and happy doing this photo shoot - and I think it shows!

(http://shereijacksonphotography.wordpress.com/)