Friday, March 29, 2013

A Time to Read

A time for every season... this is my season to read....

Before September, I couldn't have told you the last time I read a book for fun. The end of high school, and four years of college were jam packed with textbook assignments or required reading. Many of those books I hope to read again for fun, when I can fully enjoy them.

I was that child that sat next to the nightlight late into the night trying to finish a book before school. I couldn't stand having to wait a whole day to get back to the story and it's characters.

After moving to Alabama and temporarily becoming a stay at home wife, I finally had the time to get back into one of my favorite past times - devouring books like it's my job. Its not uncommon for me to read one to two books per day, especially if they are part of a series and I want to know the ending. 

Thankfully, I have a mother in law who faithfully kept me in books. She has a large Christian romance/ Amish/historical fiction collection, of which I'm sure I have read almost all of them by now. My favorite author is now Beverly Lewis, whose Amish fiction I adore. I can hardly wait to get back to Amish Country and do some exploring!

Here's a picture of the books I am currently borrowing. There are many more not pictured that I have already sent back.