Sunday, June 29, 2014

Mid-20's Observation #1

So, there's this one thing I have yet to master now that I'm a mid-20s adult (okay, way more than one thing)... 

Folding fitted sheets...
Am I right?! 

I could be having a serene, relaxing evening, doing a little laundry, enjoying the satisfying accomplishment of warm, clean clothes. (Laundry is actually my favorite chore, maybe because it mostly does itself).  Then, I come across a fitted sheet, and I find myself having a moment of rage so disproportionate to the task it's almost comical.

"No big deal", I tell myself when I first see that clump of sheets with elastic corners.

Then, somewhere between picking out the still damp socks that got tucked inside, pairing the corners together, and attempting to make a shape that can be neatly folded, something inside me snaps. 

I let out an "ughhrawarrrr", and violently karate chop that sucker into ball to stuff into my otherwise neat linen shelf.

Then back to the towels for some rectangle therapy.