Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Annual Training


Dave is at AT right now - his two week summer training for the National Guard. Sometimes I feel like the worst army wife in the world. I know so many brave, strong ladies that have months to wait for their soldier to get back from a war zone, and I can't stand Dave being gone for his monthly drill weekends, let alone two whole weeks! I have a lot to learn from those women if it becomes my time to truly be apart from my husband.

Though most of our relationship had been long distance, the last 9 months of marriage (yes! NINE already!) have really spoiled me.  Particularly this last month and a half, where we literally were with each other every second of every day.

I can't wait for Dave to get home! Thankfully I have great friends, and a mother-in-law who is now on summer vacation, and will do stuff with me to take my mind off of missing Dave! Today we went on a Girl's Day trip to Lancaster county, where we went to some of the places we have read about in our favorite Amish series by Beverly Lewis. It's so fun to share interests and to be so close with my mother-in-law, I know that not everyone is so blessed.
Mom Berry and I at Good n' Plenty eating an Amish style lunch before checking out quilt shops and hand crafted furniture! 

I love this picture from Amish Country!