Monday, October 15, 2012

Healthy is the new Skinny!


"I need a new pair of jeans." 

Some people would freak out if their jeans stopped fitting, but I feel like throwing a party. I lost way too much weight this last year from stress and anxiety- so much that I weighed about as much as I did in the 8th grade again, more than 8 years ago. Between interning in hospice, graduating from college, planning a wedding, a long distance relationship and other life stress, I was completely wound up and not doing the best I could for myself.

I am so thankful that my life has slowed down enough for me to catch my breath and take care of myself again. I look healthier, feel better, and I just love when I put on clothes that had been baggy a few months ago, and now I have to do that tight jeans dance to button them!

So if you see me in a few months and I look a little bit bigger, don't think "wow, she's really letting herself go now that she's married". That's crazy, and so far from the truth! I have never had a better reason to be healthy than I do now, and Dave and I couldn't be happier that I am finally eating enough and not stressing out!

Haven't you heard? Healthy is the new skinny! I would rather be healthy and full of energy any day than sickly skinny like I was.